The scions of two foodservice companies have teamed up to create The Butcher’s Son food truck in Dallas, and expect to have five trucks rolling by February.
Jon Wagner, grandson of Johnsonsville Sausage founder Ralph Stayer, and Dain B. Pool, son of Lawrenceville, Ga.-based Pool’s Restaurant Group founder Dan Pool, have formed Two Trucks LLC. The company’s first Butcher’s Son truck debuted Oct. 5, and a second truck is scheduled to deploy on Oct. 17.
“Powered by Johnsonville” is printed on the side of the truck, but the menu goes beyond sausage to include breakfast dishes, such as pastrami with eggs and cheese on a roll. It also offers sandwiches, sausage plates, quesadillas, sliders, fries, and fried Oreo cookies and cake pops for dessert.
In the first week of operations, Pool said the most popular items have been a trio of sliders, a stuffed pepper, a double-bratwurst sandwich, a beef-andouille sausage po’boy and a braised-beef quesadilla.
Breakfast checks have averaged $3 to $5 during that time, and lunch checks have averaged $6 to $9, Wagner said.
Pool said the company envisions having as many as 200 company-owned trucks nationwide by 2014.
He also said teaming with an established sausage purveyor like Johnsonsville “offers us the highest quality products with the legendary flavor, also it gives the customer the peace of mind of a trusted brand.”
Hear more from Wagner and Pool about the food truck business; story continues on next page
Naples / Ft. Myers
- Happy Friday! Catch us at @CCBrewingCo TODAY 5pm to 9pm + TOMORROW 3pm to 9pm. #craftbeer #SWFL
- We're grillin' private events today & tomorrow -- back at @CCBrewingCo FRIDAY + SATURDAY!
- It's #TriviaTuesday at @riptidebrews! We're grillin' 5pm to 10pm. Trivia starts at 7:30pm!
- Today's the day, y'all! Catch us at Ft Myers Beer & Bacon Festival 3pm to 7pm!
- TGIF, y'all... Hope you're hungry! Join us TONIGHT at @No3brews and TOMORROW at Ft Myers Beer & Bacon Festival!